Sunday, March 24, 2013

54 Days

Ahhh!!! I'm super excited and even more nervous! 

I have been busting my tail trying to raise money. The golf tournament was a success - thanks to everyone who came and made it happen! A big thanks to Terry because without him recruiting some golfers, I would have had to cancel it. Our church really rallied together too and came out to support!

Anyway, thanks to a very generous donation last week, my total is now at $2100. I mailed off my first payment Saturday so it's all becoming very real!  I have $900 more to go and we're about to launch a couple of school supply drives! It's really coming together! :)

I think I am going to do one more big fundraiser. I am thinking a garage sale where people donate junk they don't want and then I'll sell it. I also thought about doing a Zumbathon but I just don't know if I'll have time to get another huge fundraiser like that together. I think the garage sale sounds much easier! If you have any junk you don't want, send it my way!


If you'd like to donate, you can go to the website to do so but there is a processing fee attached to the payment so it's probably better to send a check either to me (made out to Project Humanity) or you can send it directly to Project Humanity with "Melissa Richardson #373" in the memo line.

Thanks to everyone for your encouragement and support! In 55 days, I'll be composing my blog posts from Kenya!!!

1 comment: