Monday, May 6, 2013

School Supply Drive

A couple of weeks ago one of the schools here graciously offered to host a school supply drive for us. It ended Friday and when I went to pick up the boxes, I was blown away. This is what my trunk looked like...



I had two more boxes in my backseat and all of them are full. I'm pretty sure we got enough glue sticks to last forever! :) 

I could not believe all that was given and am so excited to be able to deliver these supplies to the kids there. This is an especially big blessing considering the storm that came through last week and all that they lost. 

I was told there was another box full this morning. The winning class will have a cupcake party Friday. Funny how motivated kids get when it comes to cupcakes! In case you're not from around here, Veribest is a very small school so this is huge! I am so grateful for their generous spirit! 

It's getting close - in just one week, I'll be in Houston!!! I have LOTS more to update but want to do it one post at a time!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! Keep the post coming!! Are you going to be able to post while you are there??

    ReplyDelete
  2. No but I plan to keep a journal so I can post when I get back. It's probably better that way so all my posts aren't blubbering emotional messes!

    ReplyDelete