Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Urgent Request

I don't want anyone who reads this to think all I do is beg for money or donations. Even though I kind of do. It's just that after seeing pictures of the way the people in Kenya live compared to the way we live, I realize how even the smallest donation can really change a life over there. Five dollars is enough to make a difference to them and it won't even buy lunch here. 

That being said, a storm came through the town where we will be working and blew the roof off of the school. Everything in that part of the school was destroyed. So we are on a quest to collect as many school supplies as we can take and raise as much money as we can to help replace the roof. Our team leader has requested an estimate and is waiting for an answer, but for now the goal is $1,000 to replace the roof. If you'd like to help in any way, please let me know! Even $5 will help! 

These are the pictures of the school there. Notice that little cutie in the picture? Also notice what's in the sky - God's promise! 

 Like the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud on the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness all around. Such was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. And when I saw it, I fell on my face, and I heard the voice of one speaking.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment